Re: [Chicken-users] That documentation problem...

From: Kirill Lisovsky
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] That documentation problem...
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 01:39:37 +0400 (MSD)

Hello!

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, felix wrote:

> I guess something has to be done about the documentation-situation, now.
> I'm in the process of doing some machine-translation of `manual.html'
> into something that is perhaps easier convertible into a more usable
> format.
>
> So, I basically see two paths now: texinfo or LaTeX.
>
> If anybody has a plan, please tell so. Otherwise I'm going
> to plunge right into using whatever turns out to be easier.

Probably I'm joining this discussion too late...

Why not XML or SXML?
It can be converted to anything using Scheme or XSLT stylesheets.
SXML is Chicken-friendly, I believe that I can produce a Chicken version of
Scheme-enabled XSLT processor (which works on either XML or SXML data), and
in a day or two.

Best regards,
         Kirill.