Re: [Chicken-users] annoyances with command line parsing...

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] annoyances with command line parsing...
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 00:58:39 +0200

"Perry E. Metzger" wrote:

> This works fine.
>         chicken socket.scm -output-file socket.c
> This does not
>         chicken -output-file socket.c socket.scm
>
> The error message when you do this is also pretty cryptic.

No. The error-message is absolutely unusable.

> There are similar issues with a lot of the option parsing.

True.

> Would a getopt style function for scheme be of any use in fixing this?
>
> (I also find the fact that long options are -prefixed and not --prefixed
> slightly annoying, but I don't consider that a bug given that it is
> intentional behavior.)

Chicken supports Anthony Carricos nice `args-fold' command-line option
parser. But that one uses "--prefixed" and I would like to keep it the
way it is (at least the compiler and csi).
I will fix that in the next time.

> By the way, should I be reporting stuff via the bug page on Savannah,
> or is the mailing list the right place?

The mailing list is fine. So more people get informed.