Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken GNU MP FFI 0.0.1

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken GNU MP FFI 0.0.1
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:08:06 +0200

> I now have a 0.0.1 version of the chicken interface to GNU MP 4.1.
>
> It may be found at:
> http://www.upl.cs.wisc.edu/~psilord/gmp_ffi/gmp_ffi-0.0.1.tar.gz
>
> I've improved the build system slighty to produce a real library that
> you can link with. I also finished the rational validation code and
> improved the documentation slightly.
>
> Things todo are write test code for the more involved MP calls like
> reading and writing a MP number to a port, the floating point validation
> code, and plenty of example code to show how to use this.

Great! I will add a link on Chicken's software page, if that's ok with you.

(I noticed that you build without optimizations in your last version,
personally I would recommend "-optimize-level 2 -debug-level 0")

BTW, I'm finally managed to get PPP configured on my Linux box
(yeah, this is probably easy, but for me it's a major accomplishment ;-)
and will put everything under CVS (no, it isn't yet) and throw it over
to the Savannah website, real soon now.