[Chicken-users] HP/UX chicken

From: tonyg
Subject: [Chicken-users] HP/UX chicken
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 21:05:36 +0000 (GMT)

I've just done a binary search through the versions of chicken I have
sitting on my harddisk:

GCC 2.95.2, HP-UX B.10.20.

        version built?  csi ok? csc ok?
        1026    yes     yes     n/a
        1032    yes     yes     n/a
        1042    no
        1043    no
        1045    no
        1064    no

The last HP/UX-working version I have is 0.1032 (compiled -g -O0
-fno-strict-aliasing). If I compile 0.1042 in the same way, it crashes
out (umm can't remember if it was a segfault or a bus error, damn I
should have written it down, damn!) during "./chicken csi.scm ...".

So: Felix, do you have tarballs of (unreleased) versions between
0.1032 and 0.1042 I could have a look at? Otherwise it's just me
reading diffs unenlightenedly :-)

The "biggest" user-visible change I have a record of taking place
between 1032 and 1042 was that unistd was renamed to posix. I can't
imagine that causing too much grief, though...

Tony
--
"Rather than go see a real small town for free, he had paid money to
see a pretend one, and rather than see it with the naked eye he was