chicken-janitors

Re: [Chicken-janitors] #1650: Empty program will sometimes do a major GC

From: Chicken Trac
Subject: Re: [Chicken-janitors] #1650: Empty program will sometimes do a major GC, sometimes not - figure out why
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 13:49:37 -0000

#1650: Empty program will sometimes do a major GC, sometimes not - figure out
why
---------------------------------------+----------------------
            Reporter:  sjamaan         |      Owner:  sjamaan
                Type:  task            |     Status:  assigned
           Component:  core libraries  |    Version:  5.1.0
          Resolution:                  |   Keywords:
Estimated difficulty:  medium          |
---------------------------------------+----------------------
Description changed by sjamaan:

Old description:

> This is an interesting thing to figure out
>
> If you compile a completely empty file, and run it with `-:g`, sometimes
> it will do a major GC and sometimes it won't (just run it a few times,
> you'll notice the output is different sometimes).
>
> Also, the major GC count is always at least 1.

New description:

 This is an interesting thing to figure out

 If you compile a completely empty file, and run it with `-:g`, sometimes
 it will do a major GC and sometimes it won't (just run it a few times,
 you'll notice the output is different sometimes).

 Also, the major GC count is always at least 1.

 This might also contribute to the instability of our benchmark results.

Ticket URL: <https://bugs.call-cc.org/ticket/1650#comment:2>
CHICKEN Scheme <https://www.call-cc.org/>
CHICKEN Scheme is a compiler for the Scheme programming language.