chicken-janitors

Re: [Chicken-janitors] #1074: intarweb request parsing and Spiffy handli

From: Chicken Trac
Subject: Re: [Chicken-janitors] #1074: intarweb request parsing and Spiffy handling of said requests is inconsistent in case of improper request line URIs
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 13:16:20 -0000

#1074: intarweb request parsing and  Spiffy handling of said requests is
inconsistent in case of improper request line URIs
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  RvdH     |       Owner:  sjamaan
      Type:  defect   |      Status:  closed
 Component:  unknown  |     Version:  4.8.x
Resolution:  fixed    |    Keywords:  bad-request connection
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------

Comment(by sjamaan):

 Replying to [comment:14 sjamaan]:
 > Replying to [comment:12 RvdH]:
 > > Modern browsers nowadays don't send bogus requests.
 >
 > That's exactly the problem.  You can't assume a well-behaved client.

 Besides, they do send bogus requests!  Simply clicking any of those links
 above cause a bogus request to be sent, by any run-of-the-mill web
 browser.

 Like I stated a few times before, those URIs you posted result in invalid
 requests that do not conform with the RFC's request line definition.
 That's the whole topic of this discussion.

--
Ticket URL: <http://bugs.call-cc.org/ticket/1074#comment:15>
Chicken Scheme <http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/>