chicken-janitors

Re: [Chicken-janitors] #906: drop sdl_net support and extract sdl_image/

From: Chicken Trac
Subject: Re: [Chicken-janitors] #906: drop sdl_net support and extract sdl_image/sdl_ttf/sdl_rotozoom from sdl egg
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 19:46:49 -0000

#906: drop sdl_net support and extract sdl_image/sdl_ttf/sdl_rotozoom from sdl
egg
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  felix       |       Owner:  ckeen
      Type:  defect      |      Status:  accepted
 Component:  extensions  |     Version:  4.8.x
Resolution:              |    Keywords:  sdl
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------

Comment(by felix):

 Replying to [comment:1 ckeen]:
 > Work to migrate is in progress, the plan is to separate the bits into
 sdl-base, sdl-img, sdl-gfx, sdl-ttf and sdl-net. The original sdl egg will
 stay as it is or alternatively be converted into a "meta-egg" that
 includes all sub components.

 That sounds good.

 > I am pretty much indifferent about throwing out sdl-net, is there a
 specific reason to do so? If it does not harm, why not leave it in, it's
 optional then anyway.

 The wrappers need to be exported, even if they contain no functionality. I
 think this is not the best approach (Personally, I don't see the point in
 sdl-net support anyway. What's wrong with using the `tcp` unit?)

--
Ticket URL: <http://bugs.call-cc.org/ticket/906#comment:3>
Chicken Scheme <http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/>