chicken-janitors

[Chicken-janitors] Re: #281: promote irregex to full unit

From: Chicken Trac
Subject: [Chicken-janitors] Re: #281: promote irregex to full unit
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 09:29:11 -0000

#281: promote irregex to full unit
-----------------------------------------------------------------------+----
 Reporter:  zbigniew                                                   |
Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                                                |

Comment(by felix):

 I understand the motivation and it really makes things easier to use, but
 I'm not entirely happy with this change: I regard irregex as a pure
 "engine" (a replacement or previous regex engines used in chicken). That
 the irregex API is exposed just for convenience or performance (and it
 would be better not to expose it at all, but since its there, its there).
 By doing so, chicken users depend on it, which would make a replacement
 (not planned at all, though) impossible. Ieally, the irregex API should be
 an extension.

 Let's talk about this more before making a decision.

--
Ticket URL: <http://www.irp.oist.jp/trac/chicken/ticket/281#comment:1>
Chicken Scheme <http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/>