Re: [Chicken-hackers] Eggs for Chicken 5

From: Jörg F. Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Eggs for Chicken 5
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 13:55:53 +0100

Am Thu, 22 Mar 2018 12:22:03 -0400
schrieb John Cowan <address@hidden>:

> On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 12:11 PM, Sven Hartrumpf <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> I use a Chicken-compiled alexpander to get rid of syntax-rules when
> > compiling
> > some Scheme projects (with non-Chicken compilers).
> >

> I'm interested in this.  Which compilers do you use that don't have
> syntax-rules?
> I know that Stalin does not.

I used the same approach to keep the code running on RScheme when I
ported the Askemos/BALL code to Chicken.

The interested can find it here:
https://gitlab.com/ball-zero/ball

/Jörg

A shameless advertising plug: According to my understanding Askemos,
being released in 2001, qualifies for the first implementation of a
smart contract system. It is just slightly different from todays
buzzword SC things: The virtual machine is heavily inspired by LISP
and strives for a minimal "CoreAPI" of a handful of operators. Hence no
room for a build-in virtual currency; those need to be done at
application level.  As application programming language we provide a
pure subset of Scheme with embedded SQLite (one db per object).
Inspired by Erlang we support communicating processes each having their
own "blockchain", which sort of mitigates performance problems.  We use
byzantine fault tolerant consensus among parties and selected notaries
instead of proof-of-X in random selection of third parties.