Re: [Chicken-hackers] What to do with CHICKEN 4.13/4.12.1 release/snapsh

From: Evan Hanson
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] What to do with CHICKEN 4.13/4.12.1 release/snapshot?
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 12:09:21 +1300

Hi all,

I think we should:

0.) Fix 1399 in master and chicken-5.
1.) Tag 4.13.0rc1.
1.1, ...) Iterate until we have a good RC, release as 4.13.0.
2.) Rename master to chicken-4.
3.) Rename chicken-5 to master.

From that point on we develop on master while chicken-4 gets security
patches only. We continue to support 4.13.X with security fixes until
5.0.0 is released + N days, however long we'd like to offer users time
to upgrade. One year seems like a reasonable length of time to me.

Cheers,

Evan