Re: [Chicken-hackers] Windows 10, MinGW-W64, Chicken 4.11, "invalid enco

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Windows 10, MinGW-W64, Chicken 4.11, "invalid encoded numeric literal"
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 23:54:22 +0200

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 05:32:35PM -0400, Claude Marinier wrote:
> Windows 10 does not seem to have the concept of the "C" locale. I suspect
> but cannot confirm that US_English may be equivalent to "C". Since I have
> a working Chicken, I am inclined to leave it as is.

Sure, that's fine.  What really matter is that the locale's way
of printing numbers uses a dot for the decimal fraction separator
and a comma for thousands separator, not vice versa.

> As more people start using Chicken on 64-bit Windows, we can address the
> underlying problem.

I think the underlying problem (at least, for reading of numbers)
has been fixed in CHICKEN 5; it will no longer use strtod or strtol[l]
once we recompile and remove backwards bootstrap compatibility.

Cheers,
Peter