Re: [Chicken-hackers] PATCH Re: slow polling

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] PATCH Re: slow polling
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 15:47:36 -0400

Peter Bex scripsit:

> I'll have to think about this, maybe we can come up with a way to
> avoid paying the price on UNIX for the shit Windows implementation.
> Better would be to have a *proper* implementation on Windows, but
> nobody has stepped up to actually overhaul the entire code to make
> that possible, so far.

A huuuuuuge amount of the code in the Cygwin DLL is concerned with
faking Posix semantics for select(); I've heard that it's the single
most complex thing in the library.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        address@hidden
Unless it was by accident that I had offended someone, I never apologized.