[Chicken-hackers] Big Chicken?

From: Daniel Leslie
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] Big Chicken?
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 13:16:02 -0800

I've been working on improving editor support for Chicken lately. With the (laudable) efforts to remove units from core underway it struck me that there may be opportunity for improvement in the other direction.

While reducing Chicken core to its essential components is desirable I would like to think that the Chicken distribution, which contains more than core, would be somewhat of a 'batteries included' package. At least insofar as what is common to package with language distributions these days. IE, a powerful debugger, a utility to fetch documentation, and a powerful set of tools to explore the language within the REPL.

With that in mind, and acknowledging that perhaps it's a little self-serving, I would like to propose that the following Eggs be shipped within the standard Chicken distribution:
Any thoughts? Or is this out of the question?

-Dan