Re: [Chicken-hackers] More support for The Hurd

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] More support for The Hurd
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 22:15:58 +0100

* Mario Domenech Goulart <address@hidden> [131027 13:38]:
> Hi Christian,
>
> On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 10:26:26 +0200 Christian Kellermann <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> > The attached patch make CHICKEN usable on the Hurd. Without the
> > patch csc won't include the location hint of libchicken for the
> > linker. And while we are at it, give The Hurd its own Makefile,
> > currently just cloning linux.
> >
> > Stuff that's still missing: MAX_PATH (and maybe other limits) are
> > not defined and so make check fails for the reverser test.
> >
> > I consider this another bug which has to be addressed more thoroughly
> > in another patch.
>
> Indeed.  Meanwhile, can't we just have something like
>
> /* GNU Hurd doesn't have PATH_MAX */
> #if defined __GNU__ && !defined PATH_MAX
> #  define C_PATH_MAX 1024
> # else
> #  define C_PATH_MAX PATH_MAX
> #endif
>
> in chicken.h?  It wouldn't make things more or less broken than they
> currently are, I think.

I have done so and rebased the two patches against current master.
The patch now sets the limit to 1024 which is arbitrary but as good
as any other, say 128 (I am looking at your windows).

make check almost works, the deployment test is failing. I need
toread up on the supported linker hints The Hurd supports.

OK?

Kind regards,

Christian

--
In the world, there is nothing more submissive and weak than
water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong, nothing can