Re: [Chicken-hackers] ep

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] ep
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 14:20:36 -0400

Mario Domenech Goulart scripsit:

> My concern is with regard to environments where the user home directory
> cannot be determined (e.g., no HOME environment variable, no home
> directory set in /etc/passwd etc.).

I think if there is no $HOME and no /etc/passwd entry, you should just assume
/home/$username, and if you don't know that, go with /home/nobody or something
equally improbable.  Your system has to be pretty broken before you
get to that state, and you have more immediate problems than a malfunctioning
Chicken app.

--
And through this revolting graveyard of the universe the muffled, maddening
beating of drums, and thin, monotonous whine of blasphemous flutes from