Re: [Chicken-hackers] windows paths with spaces

From: Răzvan Rotaru
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] windows paths with spaces
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 17:57:29 +0300

Hi,

I see that the fix is not yet included in the main branch. What's the right aproach here? Shall I record a bug for it? Can I make pull requests directly to the core repository?

Răzvan

On 24 November 2012 21:27, Felix <address@hidden> wrote:

> So, I looked a little bit in the source code, and found that the cause is
> in line 240 of setup-api.scm:
>
> (shellpath (find-program "csc"))
>
> shellpath, quotes it's arguments on windows systems, and since
> (find-program "csc") already calls shellpath, we are in a case where
> shellpath is called twice, therefore ending up with the error above. I
> changed the function shellpath to prevent quoting the string twice,
> recompiled chicken, and ran "chicken-install miscmacros" again, this time
> with success. No errors!

Oh, indeed. Thanks for finding this, Razvan!

> Find attached the changes I made to the file setup-api.scm.
>
> Note: My tests were done using the release version chicken-4.8.0. The patch
> file attached applies to the git version. I have not made any tests with
> the git version!
>
> I don't have the necessary knowlegde & experience to evaluate the impact of
> this change, but on my system it (apparently) works fine. Feel free to ask
> me to perform other tests, if it can help you.

It's fully correct. A simpler solution would be to just avoid the "shellpath"
invocation after this particular occurrence of "find-program". I'll have to
test this and will get back to you about the change.

cheers,
felix