Re: [Chicken-hackers] how to -block?

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] how to -block?
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 22:44:46 +0200 (CEST)

From: Jörg F. Wittenberger <address@hidden>
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] how to -block?
Date: 31 Mar 2013 20:51:19 +0200

> I'm trying to figure out howto use -block optimization.
>
> Whenever I use it with any module no matter how simple it is,
> the resulting binary will segfault immediately.
>
> Which restrictions should I watch?

If you get a segfault, do you compile/run code in unsafe mode?
Block-optimization should normally not result in crashes, but will
produce runtime-errors when variables are referenced that are not
bound. In block mode, defined toplevel variables will not be exposed
and not be visible to code outside of the file compiled in that mode.
This is really the only difference to compilation in normal mode.

cheers,
felix