[Chicken-hackers] 4.8.0 release?

From: Felix
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] 4.8.0 release?
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 21:05:36 +0200 (CEST)

Hackers!

AFAIK, there is nothing left open for this release. I have a bunch of
things that I'd like to submit (or re-submit), but that doesn't belong
into the current release. If nobody objects, I'd like to bump the
version to 4.8.1 and submit further patches, so "master" will diverge
from the current release code in "prerelease".

The current release candidate is 4.8.0rc3, available as source tarball at

http://code.call-cc.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=chicken-core.git;a=snapshot;h=1bf03ea547a36c2be1efcc480e74f85a416ea4bf;sf=tgz

or as ready-to-build tarball at

  http://code.call-cc.org/dev-snapshots/2012/08/31/chicken-4.8.0rc3.tar.gz

If you haven't already: this is the chance to give it a final test
before we wrap it up. Regardless of platform, no matter what OS. Did
you already try it out? Do it again. Do it twice. Or more. Test, test,
test, day and night, from dusk till dawn. Then test some more: at
home, at work, before and after meals, before you go to sleep, and
when you wake up.  If it breaks, tell us! If it works - test
again. Hey, you: there is a CPU still running idle on your box! Go,
fetch the tarball!  Run "wget http://code.call-cc.org/dev-snapshots/
2012/08/31/chicken-4.8.0rc3.tar.gz;tar xfz chicken-4.8.0rc3.tar.gz;
cd chicken-4.8.0rc3;make PLATFORM=<your-platform> PREFIX=`pwd` all
install check" and DO IT NOW!

Thank you.

cheers,
felix