[Chicken-hackers] using llvm-gcc/clang

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] using llvm-gcc/clang
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 13:39:02 +0100

Hello!

I've tested CHICKEN with llvm-gcc and clang and can report that it
builds and runs successfully. Performance with llvm-gcc is roughly
equivalent to gcc. clang produces somewhat slower code, but that
may be caused by the fact that I had to disable noreturn and regparm
function attributes (the former produces errors, the latter segfaults).

Nothing dramatic, but it's nice to know it works and that there is an
alternative to gcc.

cheers,
felix