[Chicken-hackers] cond-expand and macros

From: Thomas Bushnell BSG
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] cond-expand and macros
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:44:28 -0800

I thought (erroneously) that the problem I reported previously was that
somehow the feature set available to cond-expand inside a syntax-rules
template was the evaluation one and not the compilation one.  No, the
situation is far worse.

The following code does not work:

(define-syntax foo
  (syntax-rules ()
    ((_)
     (cond-expand
      (chicken (display "all good\n"))))))
(foo)

It does not work whether compiled or evaluated; the issue of
compile-time is a complete red herring, and my previous email was
incorrect in implying that compile vs. eval was relevant.  AFAICT, it's
not.

I submit that the failure of the above code is a clear bug,
unambiguously.

Thomas