Re: [Chicken-hackers] Numbers egg interaction with other compiled code.

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Numbers egg interaction with other compiled code.
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 20:40:48 -0400

Tony Sidaway scripsit:

> An alternative might be to provide chicken-install with the capability
> to produce parallel egg binaries--one with numbers and one without--on
> an egg-by-egg basis.

That way lies a combinatorial explosion.  The utf8 egg is just like
the numbers egg in this respect, only worse, because when a utf8-aware
module passes a string to a vanilla module, the vanilla module *thinks*
it understands it.  Boom, especially if the vanilla module mutates
the string.

--
John Cowan                                   address@hidden
        "You need a change: try Canada"  "You need a change: try China"