Re: [Chicken-hackers] serious bug ? in units and set!

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] serious bug ? in units and set!
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 15:01:30 -0500

I thought I explained why.  foo is a hidden binding in test2.scm and
there is no initial value in test2.scm so the compiler feels free to
simply assign 'whiz to foo starting off, as one initial value is as
good as any.  Naturally the foo in main.scm is set as you would
expect, to #t.

Again, exporting foo from test2.scm stops this behavior, as other
units may now change the value of foo out from under test2.

If I'm wrong, someone with more knowledge please clear this up.  Also,
once again I wonder what the actual goal is.