Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: repository branching

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: repository branching
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 22:42:34 +0900

  As I am preparing to resume work on Debian packaging, I would prefer
that there will be no radical changes to the egg SVN repository for
the time being, because the reorganization into release branches
already wasted enough time, and we are better off improving Chicken
and developing new eggs rather than shoving directories back and
forth, arguing how the eggs should be versioned, etc. If anyone needs
some small fixes and tweaks to the current system, I volunteer to make
the necessary changes to chicken-setup and the various other
scripts. But I really would like to have a stable tree from which I
can automatically build Debian packages. So perhaps we could hold off
big changes until there are a couple of Chicken 3.x releases.

   -Ivan