Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: repository branching

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: repository branching
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 13:28:10 +0100

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Alex Shinn <address@hidden> wrote:

>     Felix> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Alex Shinn <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>     >>
>     >> I'm not sulking, I'm lazy :) I don't want to look into
>     >> what I need to do to keep up with the change in
>     >> infrastructure.
>
>     Felix> The *only* change is that you add "release/3/" to
>     Felix> your svn checkout URL.
>
>  Wow, that's actually (honestly) more complicated than I
>  thought it would be.  I thought it was just a normal
>  directory.  I'm really, really, really lazy, so was mostly
>  just putting off something like
>
>   for egg in autoload charconv ... utf8; do
>     cp -R $egg yet/another/copy/of/$egg
>     rm -rf yet/another/copy/of/$egg/.svn
>     svn add yet/another/copy/of/$egg
>   done
>   svn commit
>
>  and just general fretting about whether I did the right
>  thing and used the right path and such.
>
>  So I have to make a second checkout of the repo and copy
>  from one to the other?

It is not quite clear to me what you want to achieve there,
but in general, you'd do *nothing*, let us branch the repository (you will
be informed when that happens) throw away your working
copy and do a new checkout with

svn co https://galinha.ucpel.tche.br/svn/chicken-eggs/release/3/<youregg>

(instead of "svn co https://galinha.ucpel.tche.br/svn/chicken-eggs/<youregg>")

cheers,