[Chicken-hackers] Oh no: they are using "process", now!

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] Oh no: they are using "process", now!
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 09:49:53 +0100

Hi!

We are now using a slightly different procedure for making changes to the
chicken base system: every core developer has a branch (currently elf,
kon and me)
and a reviewer will merge changes from their respective branches into the
trunk. I will review Kon and elf (since I would like to have the privilege to be
aware of everything that goes on in the code base) and Kon will review my
changes (since I'm a sloppy bum).

So, with the exception of trivial changes (fixing typos,
documentation) and stuff
that are maintained by others (for example scheme-complete.el, which is updated
by Alex) I would ask anybody with commit rights to send patches to one of
the developers, to chicken-janitors (chicken-bug can do that very conveniently,
(thanks to elf for adding this!), BTW) or chicken-hackers, instead of committing
directly to the trunk.

And yes: svn merging is somewhat painful. We'll see how we manage.

cheers,
felix