Re: [Chicken-hackers] anybody good with cmake?

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] anybody good with cmake?
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 02:14:18 +0200

On 8/20/07, Brandon Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

> > But the real problem is that of maintenance. I feel I can't maintain
> > the CMake build myself. You seem not to be interested in that, unless
> > the autotools build is dropped (which, if I may say so, does what it
> > should, even in it's mindboggling uglyness). Since I'm not interested
> > in that kind of blackmailing,
>
> I'm unimpressed by your lack of vision regarding the build system.
> I'm getting a strong feeling of "casting pearls before swine."

And I'm unimpressed by your continuous attempts to be insulting.

> > this means that the cmake build is effectively
> > abandoned, if no one else can be found (and I'm mighty happy that Peter, who
> > already maintains spiffy, is looking into it).
>
> The value of my work will be shown in whether other people pursue it.
>
> I'm unsubscribing from Chicken mailing lists.  I've had enough of
> this.  You're on your own.

*I* am on my own? For christ's sake, do you think I can't live without the
cmake build? Brandon, *you* put the work into it. You did a rather splendid
job and showed that you are actually more than just someone getting
kicked around on USENET. It's *your* work that goes down the drain, not
mine. It's not my credibility that is at stake here.

Anyway, I'm fed up with the whole build situation anyway. A new build
is in the works, one that is dumb and transparent and one that everybody
can understand and maintain. No politics, no fragile dependencies. No
endless discussions.

Good luck to *YOU*, Brandon.

cheers,
felix