Re: [Chicken-hackers] Cygwin build broken again

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Cygwin build broken again
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:49:36 +0100

On 1/29/07, John Cowan <address@hidden> wrote:
I rebuilt Cygwin to the current darcs head after a long period of
not updating it, and it's broken again: any attempt to (use regex)
or any other unit crashes with "nursery too small".  I know we've
seen this before, but I forget what problem it is a symptom of.
Ordinary eggs work fine, so it's probably something about libchicken/
cygchicken.

Can someone look into this?  Thanks.

Have you removed all traced of previous installations? This error happens
when several runtime libraries become initialized (due to different libchickens
linking into different parts of the system). You use cmake, right?
Before rebuiilding, you should also remove any chicken-config.h or
chicken-defaults.h that have been created in previous builds.

cheers,
felix