cheesetrk-list

[Cheesetrk-list] GTK-- problems

From: Valdimar Björn Ásgeirsson
Subject: [Cheesetrk-list] GTK-- problems
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 01:38:12 -0400

Hello all,

My name is Valdimar, I'm a musician from Iceland, and new to this community.

I had some problems when compiling cheesetracker, and I don't really know how
to fix them:

checking whether c++ accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for sigc-config... /usr/local/bin/sigc-config
checking for libsigc++ - version >= 1.0.1... 1.0.4
checking if libsigc++ sane... yes
checking for gtkmm-config... /usr/local/bin/gtkmm-config
checking for GTK-- - version >= 1.2.4... no
*** Could not run GTK-- test program, checking why...
*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
*** that the run-time linker is not finding GTK-- or finding the wrong
*** version of GTK--. If it is not finding GTK--, you'll need to set your
*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point
*** to the installed location  Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if that
*** is required on your system
***
*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it, although
*** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH
configure: error: Cant find gtk--!

I tried downloading gtk--, which now is actually called gtkmm, and that error
message is after I installed gtkmm.

Can anyone help me?

With regards,
Valdimar.