certi-devel

[certi-dev] Time management problem

From: Евгений Чемерицкий
Subject: [certi-dev] Time management problem
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 13:12:54 +0300

Dear CERTI developers,

I have made a patch for testing some functionality related to HLA 1516-2000 standard. Currently it contains a problem associated with time management I cannot solve. The simulation runs extremely slow and it seems to be a subject of time creep. The number of NULL message exchanged at the end of either federate is too big (> 100 000).

The test includes two federates: bcvm (stands for central computer)
and one terminal (there could be more terminals but this test use only one). Terminal has a counter with a specified initial value and sends interactions to bcvm,
bcvm replies, terminal decrements corresponding counter and
this cycle repeats until the counter reaches zero value.

Both terminal and bcvm are timeConstrained and timeRegulating simultaneously.
Model time is advanced by means of nextMessageRequest call and
federates are hanging for a long time during this calls.
Lookahead parameter value is rather big (lookahead = 10).

If you are interested by this problem or already have an idea of possible solution
please visit the patch tracker for more details
https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/index.php?7487

Best regards,
Eugene Chemeritskiy