certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] certi performance comparison

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] certi performance comparison
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 18:05:53 +0200

2008/6/30 Gotthard,Petr <address@hidden>:
> Hi Michael,
> I'm planning to make such comparison (CERTI, MAK), but not earlier than in
> autumn. It would be earlier if you're interested to help ;-).

I would say that many people would be interested by rough figure about
compared RTI performance.

As complement from another message
 CERTI is not the sole Open Source RTI out there:
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runtime_infrastructure
 but it is certainly the best one :=)
At least, until we get performance figures :=)

Now seriously,
If one or several of you write C++ (or java) HLA benchmark
code I would be pleased to include it as a part of our
HLA_TestsSuite module.

http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/applications/HLA_TestsSuite/?root=certi

Even if it has not been sufficiently and publicly advertise,
CERTI has some companion programs, located in the
applications CVS modules:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/applications/?root=certi

The HLA_Tutorial is controller/process example contributed
by Christian Stenzel which made to be a simple
self-explained (and interactive) HLA tutorial.

F90HLA is a Fortran90 HLA binding by Christian Stenzel
MatlabHLA_Toolbox is a Matlab HLA toolbox by Christian Stenzel (again:=)
HLA_TestsSuite is a set of small program currently used as a
regression tests suite for CERTI.
XPLaneHLAPlugin  is an HLA plugin for XPlane.

thus we welcome HLA "satellite" applications which may makes CERTI a better RTI.

I will welcome some performance benchmarks as well :=)
For people interested in performance measurement CERTI includes
the beginning of a Clock "class" hierarchy which may be helpful to timestamp
see
https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7929

--
Erk