certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] RTIG - Logging

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] RTIG - Logging
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 14:39:08 +0200

2008/6/26 Michael Raab <address@hidden>:

> Hi all,
>
> which logging functionalities does the RTIG provide?

Short answer is not much :)

Long answer is:
It produce an RTIG.log file with some (undocumented) informations.

the libCERTI currently use env var based logging.
Grep the source for "PrettyDebug" objecrt declaration.
Each of this object use a key string like "RTIG_MSG" which is the name
of the env var you need to set in order to have debug message.

For example:
    export RTIG_MSG=D

will make libCERTI trace all received and sent message between RTIG and RTIA.

However I personally don't like this "log" mechanism
very much we need to rework the logging mechanism for CERTI,
but it will be a post CERTI 3.3.0 feature.

What are your need?
Do you want to contribute?

--
Erk