certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] When should a constraint federate receive RO message?

From: Michael Raab
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] When should a constraint federate receive RO message?
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:06:23 +0200

Hi,

i would expect the RTI to deliver RO messages whenever i call tick(...).

regards,

Michael

"Eric Noulard" <address@hidden>
Gesendet von: address@hidden

18.06.2008 16:34

Bitte antworten an
CERTI development discussions <address@hidden>

An
"CERTI development discussions" <address@hidden>
Kopie
Thema
[certi-dev] When should a constraint federate receive RO message?

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the rule for a federate to receive RO messages.

Currently CERTI does not deliver RO message to a time constrained federate
outside Time Advance Request, that is the constrained federate will receive
RO message only when he ask for time advance (using for example TAR).

The side effect is that when a federate call

enableTimeConstrained
the RTI generate an RO message for triggering the
timeConstrainedEnabled callback

however from the RTI point of view as soon as
federate calls the enableTimeConstrained the federate is constrained.

I mean _BEFORE_ receiving the timeConstrainedEnabled callback MESSAGE.

The consequence is that is the federate does not call

enableAsynchronousDelivery
(or timeAdvance)
he wouldnt receive the callback.

Do you think it's the _normal_ way to implement this or is it CERTI
interpretation?

Christian in you test_TRTCCallbacks test
(
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/applications/HLA_TestsSuite/test_TRTCCallbacks.cc?root=certi&view=markup)
you precisely do:
           rtiamb.enableTimeConstrained();
           rtiamb.enableAsynchronousDelivery();

did you do this _on purpose_ or because CERTI expect that?

--
Erk