c-prog-book-questions

[C questions] How are you today?

From: george miller
Subject: [C questions] How are you today?
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 04:14:45 -0800 (PST)

Dear Citizen,

Permit me to introduce myself. I am Mr. George Miller
accounts clerk in a leading bank in Europe. For security reasons,
i would rather not reveal the name of my bank for now.
Before the U.S and Iraqi war,one of our customers
Hamadi Hashem( an Iraqi  business man) made a numbered fixed
deposit for 18 calendar months,in my branch.

Upon maturity several notice was sent to him, even during
the war,two years ago (2003). Only a few weeks ago another
notification was sent and still no response came from him.
I have just discovered that Hamadi Hashem and his family
had been killed during the war in a bomb blast that hit his
home in Nasiriyah where his personal oil well was.

http://www.iraqmemorialwall.org/iraqicasualties.html

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/names.htm

After further investigation i also discovered that
Hamadi Hashem did not declare any next of kin in his
official papers including the paper work of his bank deposit.
And he also confided in me the last time he was at my office
that no one except the bank, his family and his UK based attorney
knew of his deposit. So, the money is still lying in my bank and
no one will ever come forward to claim it.
What bothers me most is that according to the laws of my country
at the expiration of four years six months the funds will revert
to the ownership of the United Kingdom Government if nobody applies
to claim the fund.

Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will  like you
as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to Hamadi Hashem so that you
will be able to receive his funds.

WHAT IS TO BE DONE:
I want you to know that I have had everything planned out so
that we shall come out successful. I have perfected how we can
legally obtain the recognition of you by his lawyer as the legal
and bonafide next of kin to the deceased.
The lawyer is not a party to this project, and this is something
you must never forget. I shall intimate you of how i intend for us to
go about this when you have indictated your readiness, and convinced me
of your ability to handle a thing of this nature.

 I pray i hear from you again.

Regards,
George Miller.