[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: 5.9-20140322: tic fails on mlterm entry

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: 5.9-20140322: tic fails on mlterm entry
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 16:52:06 -0400
User-agent: Mutt/1.5.20 (2009-06-14)

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 11:34:11AM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello,
> apologies if I am missing something here.
> Just tried to build 5.9-20140322 and I get:
> ---8<--------
>     [...]
>     "terminfo.tmp", line 4758, terminal 'mlterm': resolution of use=mlterm 
> failed
>     ? tic could not build 
> /opt/stow.d/versions/ncurses-5.9-20140322/usr/share/terminfo
>     Makefile:90: recipe for target 'install.data' failed
>     make[2]: *** [install.data] Error 1
>     make[2]: Leaving directory 
> '/home/balducci/tmp/install-us-d/ncurses-5.9-20140315.d/ncurses-5.9-20140322/misc'
> ---8<--------
> This is what I seem to understand: in terminfo.tmp, which is  derived
> from terminfo.src, I find:
>      mlterm|multi lingual terminal emulator,
>              use=mlterm,

It should be

...and I'm puzzled, since I built/installed that on 3 platforms last night
(Debian 6, Debian/testing and Fedora20) without seeing an error (and my
copy has "infocmp mlterm" working as intended).

> I know 0 about the format of terminfo.src: "use=mlterm" should mean
> "include code from entry mlterm": but this IS entry mlterm, so smells of
> infinite recursion (or so), which seems to explain the error message:
> "resolution of use=mlterm failed"


(offhand, the only reason I could see for overlooking the problem here is
that the install goes onto an existing filesystem, so it's only updating).

I'll bump the patch-level...

Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]