|Subject:||bug#39571: evolution and bogofilter|
|Date:||Tue, 11 Feb 2020 12:10:07 -0900|
Hello, I'm trying to get spam filtering working in evolution. According to evolution docs, evolution is supposed to use either bogofilter or spam assassin. I am focusing on bogofilter since guix has a bogofilter package. I have set all settings in evolution according to the evolution docs from the help menu, but cannot get confirmation either than spam filtering is actually working, or that evolution is in fact interacting with bogofilter to build a words database. As part of that, I'm trying to confirm if guix has correct options for that built into evolution, to properly interact with bogofilter binary.
On the one hand:
- I see in source code of evolution guix pacakage that there is a bogofilter module
- I see in built guix package that there is a .so library for bogofilter
- I see, through gsettings, that there is a schema for evolution-bogofilter
gsettings get org.gnome.evolution.bogofilter command
On the other hand:
- I selected all enable junk mail processing options in the preferences menu and on the account level menu
- I can mark items and junk mail or not junk mail, but there is no feed back as to whether a filter is doing anything
- I tried marking a bunch of items as junk mail and not junk mail, to train bogofilter
- It does not appear that anything is automatically being marked as junk
- if I just run bogofilter command at a shell, I get message
Can't open file 'wordlist.db' in directory '/home/christopher/.bogofilter'.
error #2 - No such file or directory.
Remember to register some spam and ham messages before you
use bogofilter to evaluate mail for its probable spam status!
As though no database has been created yet.
Thinking maybe some bogofilter path or option not set during package build. Tried to confirm this viewing build log from guix-build, but since I have already built the package once from source, I cannot figure out how to get guix-build to let me build it again.
Enterprise Solutions Manager
Alaska Satellite Internet
PO Box 70, Ester, AK 99725
3239 La Ree Way, Fairbanks, AK 99709
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|