|Subject:||bug#35875: Guix won't boot after installation with fully encrypted disk|
|Date:||Thu, 23 May 2019 23:41:40 +0200|
|User-agent:||Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Icedove/60.6.1|
Note: There was some discussion about this on IRC a couple of weeks ago.
Guix won't boot on my ThinkPad T430 after an installation with fully encrypted disk:
* First, at the end of the installation, I'm getting the following error message multiple times: "device-mapper: remove ioctl on cryptroot failed: Device or resource busy"
* On boot, I am being prompted for the encryption key. So far so good. The Grub menu is then displayed and disappears after a few seconds – as it should – after which the computer is stuck on the Grub background image:
* Here are the Grub commands:
* As a test, I added an echo command at the very end. It got displayed.
* It happens on both 1.0.0 and 1.0.1.
* It happens both with and without a separate home partition.
* It happens on the two SSDs I had at hand.
* It does not happen if only the home partition is encrypted.
* I also tested this in a virtual machine. The issue did NOT happen.
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|