|I first downloaded X11/XQuartz 2.7.9 and then Gnubg 10.10.x for Yosemite from the Gnu website and while it generally plays well, there are some issues.|
- First, it doesn’t open clean. Sometimes I get the board and sometimes just a white screen. I’m not sure whether to open XQuartz first or Gnu first.
- When Gnu opens, I only see the Gnu menu atop the screen for a split second, then it goes to the XQuartz menu. Is this normal?
- The ‘New game’ menu isn’t the same as shown in the manuals. I don’t have the choice for a Match or Money game. I have the quick start shortcut buttons but not the menu choices (see attachment).
- I somehow lost the analysis window. Now there’s just white area to the right and below the board (see attachment).
- I think there is a bug in the scoring system. When Gnu wants to resign and I have a possible backgammon or gammon, it always shows one less value on the flag (i.e. ‘2’ for a backgammon and ‘1’ for a gammon), and it scores the same way, so I have to keep refusing his resignations.
- There is also a problem when I save a match. it saves the score but not the piece positions, and I have to click on ’next turn’ to resume the match. Also, when I open to load a file, it shows all the files on my computer and all my directories.
I tried to uninstalling and reinstalling both XQuartz and Gnu and all my settings were still in place.
- How do you resume a game/match if the ‘Start new games immediately’ box is unchecked?
- How is a money game played against Gnu? How is the value set?
- How do I store game/match results?
- What is 4ply playing level?