[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Bug-gnubg] Problems with doubling

From: Michael Petch
Subject: Re: [Bug-gnubg] Problems with doubling
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:00:22 -0700

When you play a 1 point *match* - a regular win, gammon or backgammon will give you the 1 point you need (The extra don't matter).  So you have a 93% chance to win in the position you posted. GnuBG has 7%. If you could cube (lets say you could), bot would say "My chances are 7%, if I drop your cube I go to 0% and lose the match. If I take, the computer still has a 7% chance".

The cube is only used in matches greater than 1 point or in a money session. This is the reason the bot won't let you cube, and won't ever turn the cube. Your options are to play a money session, or to play matches greater than 1 point. 

On 11-Mar-10, at 1:15 PM, address@hidden wrote:

I am running v0.9 already

Yes I am playing 1 point games, and if you say it is that the cube is irrelevant then this would tally with what I have written. But I am not so comfortable with the cube being irrelevant, after all it is in play and it is accepted. I am playing one game and I might equally score 2 from a gammon or via the cube; its still 2 points to me so if gnubg doesn't want to lose by 2 then it should not accept the cube, I reckon.

On 11-Mar-10, at 12:41 PM, Michael Petch wrote:
Unless I am mistaken you are playing a 1 point match. Doubling cube is irrelevant in a pt game. Its possible I put the position in incorrectly, but I think its right.
Have you considered downloading the latest release?

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]