[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
bug#18282: 24.3.93; Tab completion in gud-gdb at the start of a line ove
bug#18282: 24.3.93; Tab completion in gud-gdb at the start of a line overwrites the prompt.
Tue, 02 Sep 2014 14:17:10 -0400
Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/24.4.50 (gnu/linux)
>> 1. emacs -Q
>> 2. M-: (gud-gdb "gdb")
>> 3. Type the following at the gdb prompt "hel<TAB><RET>"
>> What happens is the command "help" is correctly completed, but the
>> prompt "(gdb)" is overwritten.
I installed the patch below which seems to fix it for now.
=== modified file 'lisp/progmodes/gud.el'
--- lisp/progmodes/gud.el 2014-02-10 01:34:22 +0000
+++ lisp/progmodes/gud.el 2014-09-02 18:14:45 +0000
@@ -809,18 +809,6 @@
;; From string-match above.
- ;; `gud-gdb-run-command-fetch-lines' has some nasty side-effects on the
- ;; buffer (via `gud-delete-prompt-marker'): it removes the prompt and then
- ;; re-adds it later, thus messing up markers and overlays along the way.
- ;; This is a problem for completion-in-region which uses an overlay to
- ;; create a field.
- ;; So we restore completion-in-region's field if needed.
- ;; FIXME: change gud-gdb-run-command-fetch-lines so it doesn't modify the
- ;; buffer at all.
- (when (/= start (- (point) (field-beginning)))
- (dolist (ol (overlays-at (1- (point))))
- (when (eq (overlay-get ol 'field) 'completion)
- (move-overlay ol (- (point) start) (overlay-end ol)))))
;; Protect against old versions of GDB.
(string-match "^Undefined command: \"complete\"" (car complete-list))
@@ -859,7 +847,14 @@
(skip-chars-backward "^ " (comint-line-beginning-position))
- (list start end
+ ;; FIXME: `gud-gdb-run-command-fetch-lines' has some nasty side-effects on
+ ;; the buffer (via `gud-delete-prompt-marker'): it removes the prompt and
+ ;; then re-adds it later, thus messing up markers and overlays along the
+ ;; way (bug#18282).
+ ;; We use an "insert-before" marker for `start', since it's typically right
+ ;; after the prompt, which works around the problem, but is a hack (and
+ ;; comes with other downsides, e.g. if completion adds text at `start').
+ (list (copy-marker start t) end
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- bug#18282: 24.3.93; Tab completion in gud-gdb at the start of a line overwrites the prompt.,
Stefan Monnier <=