bug-gnu-emacs
[Top][All Lists]
Advanced

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

bug#4637: marked as done (23.1; (elisp)Time of Day doc)


From: Emacs bug Tracking System
Subject: bug#4637: marked as done (23.1; (elisp)Time of Day doc)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 20:55:05 +0000

Your message dated Thu, 15 Oct 2009 16:45:39 -0400
with message-id <address@hidden>
and subject line Re: 23.1; (elisp)Time of Day doc
has caused the Emacs bug report #4637,
regarding 23.1; (elisp)Time of Day doc
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact address@hidden
immediately.)


-- 
4637: http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=4637
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact address@hidden with problems
--- Begin Message --- Subject: 23.1; (elisp)Time of Day doc Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 17:46:21 -0700
The doc for `current-time-string', `current-time-zone', and
`float-time' says the "argument should be a list whose first two
elements are integers."
 
This says nothing about the rest of the list. Does it mean that the
rest is ignored and could be anything (any number of elements of any
types)? If so, please state that clearly.
 
Or should we rather be saying that the argument has the same form as
what is returned by either `current-time' or `file-attributes' (for a
time attribute), both of which are described in detail?
 
IOW, is it any list of at least two numbers, with the elements past #2
being ignored, or is it a list of either two or three numbers? In the
latter case, if three numbers, is the third number (microsecs) used or
ignored? This is not clear, and the doc strings do not clear it up.
 
Also, there are 4 occurrences of the term `file-attributes', but only
three of them are followed by a cross reference to node `Definition of
file-attributes'. Either all four should have the cross reference or
we should include only one cross reference for the whole node.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-07-29 on SOFT-MJASON
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.4)'
 




--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: 23.1; (elisp)Time of Day doc Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 16:45:39 -0400
> The doc for `current-time-string', `current-time-zone', and
> `float-time' says the "argument should be a list whose first two
> elements are integers."

> This says nothing about the rest of the list. Does it mean that the
> rest is ignored and could be anything (any number of elements of any
> types)? If so, please state that clearly.

The microseconds part is ignored.  I've checked in a clarification;
thanks.

--- End Message ---

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]