bug-gnu-emacs
[Top][All Lists]
Advanced

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

bug#3037: marked as done (23.0.92; rcirc picks incorrect connection set


From: Emacs bug Tracking System
Subject: bug#3037: marked as done (23.0.92; rcirc picks incorrect connection settings)
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 03:50:03 +0000

Your message dated Fri, 17 Apr 2009 23:47:07 -0400
with message-id <address@hidden>
and subject line Re: 23.0.92; rcirc picks incorrect connection settings
has caused the Emacs bug report #3037,
regarding 23.0.92; rcirc picks incorrect connection settings
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact address@hidden
immediately.)


-- 
3037: http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=3037
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact address@hidden with problems
--- Begin Message --- Subject: 23.0.92; rcirc picks incorrect connection settings Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 17:48:19 +0200 User-agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.0.92 (gnu/linux)
When using `rcirc' with argument (prompt for connection parameters), the
global default values for :port, :nick and :channels are proposed
instead of the server-specific ones. 

Reason is that current code tries to get properties 'port, 'nick
and 'channels, which is not correct.
Following patch fixes this issue.

Yann.

diff --git a/lisp/net/rcirc.el b/lisp/net/rcirc.el
index f63237f..1f31284 100644
--- a/lisp/net/rcirc.el
+++ b/lisp/net/rcirc.el
@@ -375,16 +375,16 @@ If ARG is non-nil, instead prompt for connection 
parameters."
             (server-plist (cdr (assoc-string server rcirc-server-alist)))
             (port (read-string "IRC Port: "
                                (number-to-string
-                                (or (plist-get server-plist 'port)
+                                (or (plist-get server-plist :port)
                                     rcirc-default-port))))
             (nick (read-string "IRC Nick: "
-                               (or (plist-get server-plist 'nick)
+                               (or (plist-get server-plist :nick)
                                    rcirc-default-nick)))
             (channels (split-string
                        (read-string "IRC Channels: "
                                     (mapconcat 'identity
                                                (plist-get server-plist
-                                                          'channels)
+                                                          :channels)
                                                " "))
                        "[, ]+" t)))
        (rcirc-connect server port nick rcirc-default-user-name

-- 
"Once more the drama begins."

-The Emperor Paul Muad'dib on his ascension to the Lion Throne



--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: 23.0.92; rcirc picks incorrect connection settings Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 23:47:07 -0400
> When using `rcirc' with argument (prompt for connection parameters), the
> global default values for :port, :nick and :channels are proposed
> instead of the server-specific ones. 
>
> Reason is that current code tries to get properties 'port, 'nick
> and 'channels, which is not correct.
> Following patch fixes this issue.

I've checked in your patch.  Thanks.


--- End Message ---

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]