[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: gettext don't search on bindtextdomain dir

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: gettext don't search on bindtextdomain dir
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 01:04:15 +0100
User-agent: KMail/5.1.3 (Linux/4.4.0-193-generic; KDE/5.18.0; x86_64; ; )


Samega 7Cattac wrote:
> I made a little test code to test gettext.
> The point was to change language even if it's not listed on `locale -a`

This is not supported. See

> like, for example, inkscape does.
> test code: http://ix.io/2HCN
> The idea is straightforward I have the .mo files inside a `locales` folder
> on the project dir, inside it it's the language, in this test I created
> "pt_PT" and "ja_JP" and inside both "LC_MESSAGES".
> I set the bindtextdomain to the locales folder and I changed the LANG env
> var to change the language, pt_PT worked but ja_JP didn't.
> normal output: http://ix.io/2HCa
> When I did a strace I noticed that if the language isn't on `locale -a` it
> doesn't try to read from the bindtextdomain but from the default system
> path instead.
> output with strace: http://ix.io/2HCf

I guess that you're already failing in step 1 of


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]