[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Wed, 1 Jan 2020 13:14:38 +1000
I'm trying to install the "gnokii" software package, but it no longer
compiles with gettext 0.20. It worked with 0.19.8, but with 0.20 gives
configure.ac:75: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_LANGINFO_CODESET
Doing some digging it looks like the AM_LANGINFO_CODESET macro was
removed in this commit:
Author: Bruno Haible <address@hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 25 02:12:04 2018 +0100
build: Remove some duplicate .m4 files.
* autogen.sh: Copy wchar_t.m4 and wint_t.m4 for libasprintf.
* gettext-runtime/m4/codeset.m4: Remove file.
* gettext-runtime/m4/extern-inline.m4: Remove file.
* gettext-runtime/m4/intl-thread-locale.m4: Remove file.
* gettext-runtime/m4/lcmessage.m4: Remove file.
* gettext-runtime/m4/lock.m4: Remove file.
* gettext-runtime/m4/longlong.m4: Remove file.
* gettext-runtime/m4/threadlib.m4: Remove file.
* gettext-runtime/m4/wchar_t.m4: Remove file.
* gettext-runtime/m4/wint_t.m4: Remove file.
* gettext-runtime/m4/Makefile.am (EXTRA_DIST): Don't distribute them.
* Makefile.am (distcheck-hook): Don't verify that they are identical copies.
I had a look through the README and NEWS but couldn't find any
information about what has replaced AM_LANGINFO_CODESET or even that it
had been removed.
Was its removal a mistake, or has it been replaced with a different
macro? Or have I just missed the place where this change was explained?
I'm just a user of the gnokii library so I'm not sure why they are
using this macro, only that I am unable to compile it any more!
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- AM_LANGINFO_CODESET missing,
Adam Nielsen <=