[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Bug in xgettext?

From: Jakob Damgaard Møller
Subject: Bug in xgettext?
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 08:44:45 +0200

i have this issue:

I have a bundle.js, output from a bigger react / typescript webpack project.

If i run: xgettext bundle.js --from-code=utf-8 --language=_javascript_ it finds some of the translated strings, but not all of them.

I have tried to change --language to different others: PHP, Python, Perl, C etc. and I am still missing translations.

Is there a way to debug xgettext to see what it is doing step by step?

Or anyone have an idea to find all translated strings in my bundle.js ?

Bundle.js - https://paste.ee/p/XmML7

And one of the strings that are skipped, is the string: "Control Information"

I can find gettext("...") and gettext('...') 352 times in the bundle. But I only get 216 strings in my message.po file after running xgettext command above.

This is the part of the full bundle.js, that contains the string: "Control Information"


I know duplicates are only counted once.

I started the question here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57692348/xgettext-does-not-find-all-translated-strings

But have not received useful feedback yet.

Hopefully you guys can help.

Jakob Damgaard Olsen
Tlf: 24613112

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]