[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Fri, 02 May 2003 20:56:37 GMT
"Larry Jones" <address@hidden> wrote in message news:address@hidden
> > Is it possible to get rdiff to do a simple diff, the same way
> > that "diff" does by default, rather than a context diff? I've
> > never found a way to do that.
> No, it's not. Rdiff is intended for making patches and is thus much
> less flexible than regular diff.
Ok. But the other thing rdiff is used for is for people who
want to see the differences between two releases, without
actually having to check out the entire release into a working
directory (which they may not even have space for).
The other advantage rdiff has is that if two releases have
different version numbers, but that is just a historical anomaly,
there are no actual code changes, rdiff will not report any
difference, while diff will show an "empty" change (which
is usually of no interest to anyone).
Anyway, thanks for letting me know.
- rdiff, Paul Edwards, 2003/05/02
- Re: rdiff,
Paul Edwards <=
- Re: rdiff, Derek Robert Price, 2003/05/05
- Re: rdiff, Paul Edwards, 2003/05/23
- Re: rdiff, Paul Edwards, 2003/05/24
- Re: rdiff, Paul Edwards, 2003/05/27
- Re: rdiff, Derek Robert Price, 2003/05/29
- Message not available
- Re: rdiff, Paul Edwards, 2003/05/29
- Re: rdiff, Paul Edwards, 2003/05/31