[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Bug-apl] svn version

From: Juergen Sauermann
Subject: Re: [Bug-apl] svn version
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 19:28:50 +0100
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.4.0


make distclean works on my box (did you forget the examples ?).

building the binary in the same directory as the library should work.

/// Jürgen

On 03/15/2016 06:17 PM, address@hidden wrote:

I put the LC_ALL=C back and rebooted and the make on 705 worked - so whatever 
you did in 705 fixed it and it isn't the LC_ALL (but no apl chars!!)

Do you get the    make distclean   errrors? (see below)

To make the libapl.so    is there any coding issue with   runing a configure 
--libapl   in same src as was used to make the apl binary?
I don't have a problem with the libapl in fpc or c++ (so far) but you never know


On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 17:12:45 +0100
Juergen Sauermann <address@hidden> wrote:


the only thing I changed was to fix the compiler warning. Nothing related to 
UTF8 or locales (and the build
process should be locale-independent as well, but who knows?).

I could imaging that setting locales or incorrectly can cause some terminal 
programs to not properly
display APL characters.

I normally use this setting:


/// Jürgen

On 03/14/2016 10:22 PM, address@hidden wrote:

Hi  Juergen,

Setting LC_ALL=C  back to LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8" fixed my apl char keyboard 
problem  (I changed it to LC_ALL=C after upgrading to bash 4.3.33)
locale charmap         gave the problem away    it should have said UTF-8   but 
with LC_ALL gives ANSI_X3.4-1968

after doing the LC_ALL change I got the 705 and it compiled and works great     
  ⍴⍳10      gives the correct result still :)


Don't know if it was my LC_ALL fix or your 705 svn fix

Did you do anything with UTF-8 in the 705?   I got errors on 704 trying to 
continue the make and with make distclean it gave errors and then with a new 
configure and make it gave different errors

The same make distclean problem happens with 705 and in order to get a good 
compile i had to redo the svn download.
If you have the time it would be nice to know if this make distclean problem is 
in the code or from something wrong on my system

If you didn't do anything in 705 with UTF-8 then LC_ALL=C (locale charmap -> 
ANSI_X3.4-1968) breaks your make.


To make the libapl.so    is there any coding issue with   runing a configure 
--libapl   in same src as was used to make the apl binary?


On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 16:03:00 +0100
Juergen Sauermann <address@hidden> wrote:


interesting message (and slightly bogus because my g++ can deal with it).
And, as far as I understand,  UTF8_string is NOT a variably modified type,
(it consists of two integers and one pointer).

Maybe fixed in SVN 705.

/// Jürgen

On 03/13/2016 06:00 PM, address@hidden wrote:


All a sudden my apl keyboard chars stopped working after a year or so .. and 
couldn't find the problem - so i decided to reinstall all from scratch

Hence ...


svn co http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/svn/apl/trunk apl   -> version 704
cd apl


g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..     -rdynamic  -g -O2 -MT apl-UserPreferences.o 
-MD -MP -MF .deps/apl-UserPreferences.Tpo -c -o apl-UserPreferences.o `test -f 
'UserPreferences.cc' || echo './'`UserPreferences.cc
UserPreferences.cc: In member function 'void 
UserPreferences.cc:523: error: parameter may not have variably modified type 
'UTF8_string [(((unsigned int)(((int)a) + -0x000000001)) + 1)]'
UserPreferences.cc:598: error: parameter may not have variably modified type 
'UTF8_string [(((unsigned 
int)(((int)((UserPreferences*)this)->UserPreferences::script_argc) + 
-0x000000001)) + 1)]'
mv -f .deps/apl-Tokenizer.Tpo .deps/apl-Tokenizer.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..     -rdynamic  -g -O2 -MT apl-UTF8_string.o -MD 
-MP -MF .deps/apl-UTF8_string.Tpo -c -o apl-UTF8_string.o `test -f 
'UTF8_string.cc' || echo './'`UTF8_string.cc
make[3]: *** [apl-UserPreferences.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
mv -f .deps/apl-UCS_string.Tpo .deps/apl-UCS_string.Po
mv -f .deps/apl-UserFunction.Tpo .deps/apl-UserFunction.Po
mv -f .deps/apl-UTF8_string.Tpo .deps/apl-UTF8_string.Po
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/apl/apl/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/apl/apl/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/apl/apl'
make: *** [all] Error 2

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]