bna-fs

[FreeSoftware] Fwd: The OpenCD : Free/Libre and Open Source Software fo

From: Arash Zeini
Subject: [FreeSoftware] Fwd: The OpenCD : Free/Libre and Open Source Software for Windows
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 21:47:46 +0330

Subject: [bytesforall_readers] The OpenCD : Free/Libre and Open Source
Software for Windows
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 01:13:37 +0530 (IST)
From: Frederick Noronha <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From address@hidden Wed Dec 11 22:40:25 2002

Hello,

My name is Henrik Nilsen Omma, and I am one of the project leaders of a new
Open Source Project called TheOpenCD.  Our aim is to create a simple to use
 CD distribution of Open Source software for Windows, and in that way spread
 the OSS message. I'm writing to various LUGs to announce the launch of our
 first edition, and hope that you might find it a useful tool in promoting
 Linux and OSS to a wider public.

The disc allows new users can try out Open Source software (OSS) in the
 comfort of their own, familiar operating system, rather than having to take
 the drastic step of reformatting their hard drive to install Linux or BSD.
 The  collection, which includes OpenOffice.org, AbiWord and Beonex is
 primarily  intended for non-technical computer users. However, we expect
 that the disc  will appeal first to experienced OSS users, who will
 hopefully find it a  useful vehicle by which to introduce OSS to their less
 computer-savvy friends.

We invite all OSS enthusiasts to download the ISO, burn CDs and distribute
 them widely to friends, local schools, universities, and companies.  We
 further encourage you all to stop by our to comment, discuss and contribute!

http://www.theopencd.org/

Best wishes,

        Henrik Nilsen Omma
        & TheOpenCD Team

--
Henrik Nilsen Omma             Theoretical Physics, Oxford
35 Frenchay Road               1 Keble Road

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/CBxunD/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/C7EolB/TM