bkchem-user

Re: [Bkchem-user] General suggestions on bkchem documentation on Mac

From: Alexander Thurgood
Subject: Re: [Bkchem-user] General suggestions on bkchem documentation on Mac
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 18:34:48 +0200

Hi Jerome,

Would your plan be to rewrite it for Python3, or leave it with Python2 ?

One of the first issues I encountered with trying to set it up from the command line using the v0.14 source and included setup.py, was the number of print statements that now require parentheses, for example.

After that, attempting to launch bkchem from the v0.14 unzipped source failed for me with a lack of a "_main_" module.

It seems to me from that limited foray, that quite a lot of work would be involved to switch over to Python3, but I'm not a programmer, so perhaps my guesstimate is completely wrong.

Alex