bkchem-user

Re: [Bkchem-user] bkchem on linux ... questions

From: Piotr Wawrzyniak
Subject: Re: [Bkchem-user] bkchem on linux ... questions
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:13:07 +0100

On Tuesday 30 of November 2004 04:57, Rochus Schmid wrote:
> hi,
>
> searching for a replacement of the usual m$word/chemdraw/endnote
> combination.

The best imho is the LaTeX+BibTeX+bkchem :p

> apart from that i have a problem with ... i guess ... the fonts? Pmw
> works ok. demos and tests are fine.
> but bkchem (started "locally" because of problem with setup.py) has
> interesting little boxes after each letter. see screenshot.
>
> any linux-user who could help me? thanks a lot in advance.

I thing some utf-8 problem. What locale do you have? What distribution (self
made?). You can also try to change something in main.py file. Default font is
-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal-*-12-*-*-*-p-*-iso10646-1. You may not have
this font. Maybe just try to change to some other.

Regards
Piotr

--
JabberID address@hidden