bkchem-user

Re: [Bkchem-user] OOoDraw export problems

From: Beda Kosata
Subject: Re: [Bkchem-user] OOoDraw export problems
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:59:39 +0000

Hi Alex,

Alex Thurgood wrote:
Hi Beda,

With version 0.81 and previous versions, it doesn't seem possible to
export drawings containing independent text annotations, for example
molecule names to OOoDraw SXD format, an error message is systematically
displayed. In case I'm not being very clear, I mean if you use the text
tool to name a molecule that you have drawn and put the name underneath
or nearby, then the export to OOoDraw will fail. I assume that this is a
problem with the transformation. I haven't had a chance to try this out
with your latest version so I don't know whether the problem still
exists in that version.

Thanks, I knew already about this problem and I have fixed it. It will be part of the 0.9.0-pre3 release.

BTW, it may interest you to know that a guy from the French list is
working on an XSLT SVG import filter. We have been trying it out
recently and I did a few tests with the SVG output from BKchem. Although
flat structures seem to be imported OK using the filter, there is a
scaling problem (due to be fixed in the next release of the filter), and
most notably, all of the atoms are transformed into the default blue
background square objects. Another problem is seen with the import of
the stereometric bond representations, that are displayed as blue
triangles separated from the rest of the structure (offset left and up).
Just thought you might like to know.

I am not sure what do you mean by XSLT SVG import filter, however anything that has something to do with bkchem is interesting for me :)

Alex

Cheers
        BEDA

BTW.- Alex, are you still interested in translating bkchem? If yes, may I send you a new .pot file? (if not, there are other people willing to do that, so you can send me the .po file and I will pass it further.)